[Pythonmac-SIG] Problem with a py2app bundle

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Mon May 9 00:04:47 CEST 2005

On May 8, 2005, at 5:45 PM, Quentin DECAVEL wrote:

> Well thanks for all your tips Bob, the app nows quits nicely. All I
> need to do
> now is to find a replacement for rotor...

The standard library has no encryption, so you'll have to look
elsewhere (i.e. PyCrypto).

> Another question: I have used python2.4 to create the bundle, which
> only works
> with OS X.3. I have understood that bundles created on OS X.3 may
> not work on
> previous versions of OS X due to the differences between python
> versions on
> the OSes. Have I understood badly, or will I have to compile
> python2.4 on my
> OS X.2 so that I can make a bundle working on all OSes ?

Python 2.4 isn't really supported on Mac OS X 10.2.  You'll have to
compile it yourself if you want to use it there.  There is a build of
MacPython 2.3.5 for Mac OS X 10.2 at <http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/
macpython/beta.html>.