[Pythonmac-SIG] building non-Framework Python 2.4.1 on Tiger

Gary Poster gary at modernsongs.com
Wed May 4 21:21:39 CEST 2005

On May 4, 2005, at 2:15 PM, Gary Poster wrote:
> On May 4, 2005, at 12:19 PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>> Building Python 2.4.1 *on* Tiger has no issues, because I fixed
>> that before Python 2.4.1 was released.
>>
>> Python 2.4.1 built on Panther, and moved over to Tiger, *does* have
>> issues, and that's what TigerPython24Fix takes care of (along with
>> another issue that's only relevant to the framework installer
>> package).
>
> Thanks for the reply.  Building 2.4.1 on Tiger has issues for me, at
> least.

In the "put the finger in the dike" approach, actually modifying
Modules/posixmodule.c, adding the following two lines at line 5991
(or anywhere earlier, of course) at least lets "make install" run to
completion and more-or-less build:

#undef HAVE_FSTATVFS
#undef HAVE_STATVFS

...except that Tk appears to be pretty unhappy and I keep on getting

/usr/include/AvailabilityMacros.h:101:6: #error
MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED must be >= MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED

all over the place.

argh.

Can anyone else who upgraded verify this behavior?  The only things
that I figure might possibly be affecting me (relatively) uniquely
are packages from fink...I guess I'll try retreating from fink
entirely next, expecially if no one else can duplicate. :-(

Gary