[Pythonmac-SIG] RE: IDE recommendation

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Mar 30 07:37:57 CEST 2005

Lee Cullens wrote:

> I'm leery of SPE,

SPE has only recently worked at all on the Mac, and has a pretty
Windows-centric design.

> so maybe a more general recommendation - an IDE I can "grow with" that
> has a significant user base, is still reasonably maintained (maybe
> even evolving).

check the archives of this list. There are a number of options, but all
the open-source ones seem to be beta (at best, maybe alpha) quality on
OS-X. Some folks like Wing, which may be the only commercial option on
OS-X at this point.

You can go a long way with a good editor and the command line, however.

-CHB