[Pythonmac-SIG] MacEnthon ...

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Sat Mar 26 02:08:20 CET 2005

Bill Janssen wrote:
> What the heck *is* MacEnthon?  The README didn't give me a clue.

Oh, sorry! I've mostly talked about it on the Scipy lists. Enthought,
Inc. has been distributing a "sumo" distribution of the Python
interpreter for the Windows platform with many third-party packages
(particularly those geared towards scientific development) built, tested
and ready to go all in one installer. It has been nick-named "Enthon".
Enthought will be rolling out a Windows Enthon in the next week or so
with a Linux release to follow.

MacEnthon is the same thing, more or less, for OS X. Right now, I just
target the stock 2.3.0 interpreter. When Python 2.4.1 gets released, I
might target that as well.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu