[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app on Tiger

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Thu Mar 17 16:37:11 CET 2005

On Mar 16, 2005, at 9:39 PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> You *may* need to compile the Python framework and all of the
> extensions that you use on Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther).  If you *do*
> compile them on Mac OS X 10.3, then they will surely work on Mac OS X
> 10.3.  If you compile them on Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), they *might* work
> on Mac OS X 10.3.  It really depends on how they're written, what they
> link to, and how they link to it.  Testing is necessary.

Do I have this straight:

1. *Until* I upgrade to Tiger (proably a few months), I can keep
working on 10.3, and what I build (using Apple-distributed framework
2.3 and wxPython 2.5.3.x or 2.5.4.x when I upgrade that) will work on
*both* 10.3 and 10.4?

2. Once I upgrade, I will need to keep a 10.3 partition around until I
decide to stop supporting 10.3, if ever? Not a cheery prospect, but I
want to make sure I at least understand what it is.

Charles Hartman