[Pythonmac-SIG] GUI design tools

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Thu Mar 10 23:21:27 CET 2005

On Mar 10, 2005, at 5:02 PM, Troy Rollins wrote:

>> The only one I've used is wxDesigner, and while I still prefer to do
>> GUI
>> layout with code (and Sizers, definitely take the time to wrap your
>> brain around Sizers), other find these tools very helpful.
>>

> It really seems that on OSX, if you want to build x-plat native
> interfaces, you are pretty much going to do it with wx, and code. All
> of the graphical design tools for doing it are otherwise too buggy or
> unfinished to be productive. (pyObjC being the exception, but this
> isn't x-plat.)
>
> --
> Troy Rollins

That is how I have found the situation. I use WingIDE for editing and
debugging, but it doesn't include any graphic designer for wx. I wish
something that did worked, or that I could get it to work. Several
half-there solutions; but everything I've tried either isn't ready for
OS X or isn't ready for prime time.
Charles Hartman