[Pythonmac-SIG] Pygame installation

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Mar 8 19:38:04 CET 2005

On Mar 8, 2005, at 12:36, Cameron Laird wrote:

> I want Pygame for OS X (10.3, preferably).  <URL:
> http://www.pygame.org/download.shtml > appears to
> direct me to <URL: http://undefined.org/python/pimp/ >,
> but I can't reach undefined.org (or www.undefined.org,
> or ...).  I've written Pygame lead Pete Shinners.  I've
> received no response.

undefined.org is down, probably for another day -- maybe two.  Pete
probably isn't going to respond, he hasn't really been involved with
pygame for the past few months.

> I'm open to suggestion.  'Anyone happen to have installa-
> tion bundles handy?  Does anyone know whether the sources
> generate cleanly under 10.3?

You'll need lots of dependencies in order to get pygame up and running.
  I suggest just waiting until 1.7 installation packages are released,
which should be a matter of days.