[Pythonmac-SIG] PackageMaker and bdist_mpkg

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Mon Mar 7 17:20:39 CET 2005

On Mar 7, 2005, at 11:02 AM, Charles Moad wrote:

> 	I am trying to make a mpkg using PackageMaker that includes a
> combination of frameworks wrapped as pkg's, and bdist_mpkg outputs.
> Each of these pkg's work fine when installed separately, but die when
> I try running the resulting mpkg.  One machine gave me a horribly long
> stack trace that I think amounted to a NULL pointer and another said,
> "There was an error in the package (999)" (might not be exact).
> 	Has anybody every been successful doing something similar?

Nesting packages works fine if it's done by bdist_mpkg.  I've never
tried using PackageMaker on the outside, but I suspect either you did
something wrong with PackageMaker, or PackageMaker has bugs.  The mpkgs
and pkgs that bdist_mpkg outputs are perfectly compliant with the
specfiications.

If you put together a minimal example that demonstrates the problem,
I'll look at it.