[Pythonmac-SIG] More on stdin and python scripts in BBEdit and TextWrangler

Martina Oefelein Martina at Oefelein.de
Fri Mar 4 21:42:50 CET 2005

Hello Louis,

> The worksheet seems to solve that problem, but it does not enable me
> to use TextWrangler or BBEdit as an IDE-type environment.

well, many people have been looking for a good python IDE on the Mac -
in fact, there has been a really long discussion about this a few weeks
ago. You might look it up in the archives.

> In fact what I want to do won't even work in the terminal window.  I
> have some simple functions that require interactive use, i.e. Apple
> events (e.g. file open and saves using EasyDialogs).  Using them
> terminates the program in a terminal, a python session (with the >>>
> prompt), or a worksheet with the message:
>
> MacOS.Error: (-1713, 'no user interaction is allowed')

just use pythonw instead of python.

ciao
Martina