[Pythonmac-SIG] noob question: handling protocols and files

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Sun Aug 7 17:46:23 CEST 2005

On 7-aug-2005, at 11:58, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> Could you post your code? I've tried to avoid AppleScript related
> code upto know and can't even manage to bring my application to the
> front :-)

Never mind, that was a typo in my code. Somehow the system didn't
understand what an CFBunldeURLScheme is :-)

The trunk of pyobjc now contains a version of the PyDocURLProtocol
applet that can will handle pydoc:-urls in other programs. That is,
after running the applet once you can do this from the shell:

    $ open pydoc:///os.open

This will open the pydoc for os.open in the applet. I guess a <a
href="pydoc:///os.open"> in a HTML file will also work.

The important issue that kept me guessing for a while is that the
AppleEvent is GURL/GURL, while gurl/gurl is used in
Carbon.AppleEvents (and the system headers, this is not really a bug
in MacPython).

Ronald