[Pythonmac-SIG] How to debug a non-functioning standalone app?

Bill Hutten bhutten at ns.sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 14 20:51:36 CEST 2004

Hi all:

I have a standalone Python app (built with BundleBuilder).  It works fine
on my development machine, but when I move it to another OSX 10.3.x
machine it does not work.  When I launch the application, the icon
appears momentarily in the dock, and then disappears.  I've tried
generating the app using --standalone and --semi-standalone, with no
success in resolving this.

When the app quits nothing is written to console.log, system.log, etc.
How can I determine what's causing the problem?  Is there something I can
add to the Python source to log the errors?

Any ideas appreciated...

- bill
bhutten at ns.sympatico.ca
     "God made man, but he used the monkey to do it" - Devo