[Pythonmac-SIG] bundlebuilder question: snack (tcl extension)

Russell E Owen rowen at u.washington.edu
Thu Sep 9 18:52:03 CEST 2004

Any ideas on getting snack (a tcl extension that supports sound)
installed in a Python application via bundlebuilder? I think it may
have worked at one time (e.g. perhaps with an older version of
tcl/tk) but it certainly is not working now. The snack shared library
is not copied into the bundle.

I've tried various locations for the shared library, but no success
so far. Any hints would be gratefully received.

Also, any suggestions for a better sound package. All I want to do is
play sound queues in a Tkinter-based Python application. (Thus all I
want to do is play sound files asynchronously). Snack seems to work,
but installation is a bit of a pain.

-- Russell