[Pythonmac-SIG] PIL gui with Panther python?

eichin at metacarta.com eichin at metacarta.com
Wed Jul 14 08:20:54 CEST 2004

> does the same as the Tkinter-based PIL image viewer. Even if only
> because it'll support any image format for which PIL has support, and

Maybe this is naive, but wouldn't it make more sense to do a MacPIL
which had a PIL API but substituted the Mac NS* interfaces underneath?

(My photo-captioning app needed to be fast on osx (the laptop I sit in
front of) and portable - I tried wx+pil, and now use pyGame and cheat
a bit - and I haven't tried the Mac interfaces to see how they
compared to whatever pygame+sdl sit on top of, but a
MacPIL... especially one that took advantage of Tiger's new
GPU-enabled CoreImage features... would seem attractive...)