[Pythonmac-SIG] Non-pyobjc MVC example

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Wed Jul 14 00:06:14 CEST 2004

Changing the subject, and addding pyobjc-dev to the distribution here:

On 13 Jul 2004, at 23:07, David Eppstein wrote:
> Another reason for wishing for PIL support in PyObjC, or at least some
> means of interoperating between the two: if your program is written in
> good MVC style (which the previous version of the one I was working on
> very much was not) then, even if the view part is platform-specific
> PyObjC Cocoa for that yummy native look'n'feel, it would still be good
> to have a more portable model.  So, if the model involves image
> processing, portability for Python means doing it in PIL rather than
> Cocoa.

Ah, yes! One of the things that I would like to have in the PyObjC
distribution (but haven't had the time to write:-) is an example using
Model-View-Controller, and showing how you would write a cross-platform
app that used PyObjC/Interface Builder on the Mac and something else on
other platforms.

Anyone willing to pick this one up?
Goldman