[Pythonmac-SIG] Finder Crash, after moving files....

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Tue Jul 6 23:23:45 CEST 2004

On 6 Jul 2004, at 13:56, Benjamin Schollnick wrote:

> But my major issue is after XXXXXX number of copies, Python seems to
> kill the underlying OS.
>
> Maybe this is a memory leak from a Applescript "engine" issue, or
> something....  So it may not be Python's fault...
>
> But we need to fix it...  Or inform Apple to fix it, if it is on their
> part...
>
> My real request is to help isolate this, so that I can file a bug
> report
> with Apple...

Ok, you asked for it. Here's how you can get Python out of the loop:
in stead of actually doing the move with findertools, let your Python
script
create an AppleScript that will do the actual moves: on stdout (or
another
file) print lines of the form "move XXXX to YYYY", put a 'tell
application "Finder"'
at the top and 'end tell' at the bottom. Open this is Script Editor and
run it, and
see whether it also freezes the finder after 4000 moves.
Goldman