[Pythonmac-SIG] Finder Crash, after moving files....

Benjamin Schollnick bscholl1 at rochester.rr.com
Tue Jul 6 13:56:02 CEST 2004

On Jul 5, 2004, at 8:03 AM, has wrote:

> Bob Ippolito wrote:
>
>> Have you tried using shutil.move instead?  It's probably a whole heck
>> of a lot faster anyway (though there's a chance it might not preserve
>> resource forks).
>
> shutil.__doc__ says it doesn't. Consider using ditto instead.

I can see these as a work around.

But my major issue is after XXXXXX number of copies, Python seems to
kill the underlying OS.

Maybe this is a memory leak from a Applescript "engine" issue, or
something....  So it may not be Python's fault...

But we need to fix it...  Or inform Apple to fix it, if it is on their
part...

My real request is to help isolate this, so that I can file a bug report
with Apple...

Shelling to the OS and using Ditto, cp, or cpmac really does not
solve the problem, it hides it...

		- Benjamin