[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Accessing the USB Ports

Benjamin Schollnick junkster at rochester.rr.com
Sat Jul 3 07:08:59 EDT 2004

On Jul 3, 2004, at 7:00 AM, Benjamin Schollnick wrote:

Folks,
	(@#$@#$@#$ Did it again...  Forgot to change my email account in
mail...@#$@$)

	I have been thinking of doing something strange and potentially useful.

	Is there any way to "control" a USB port from MacPython?

	I'm considering actually breaking apart a usb cable and using it as a
rely control,
	so I would need to be able to force a line or two high, or low on
demand...

	Heck sending real data through the USB port might be helpful too....

	Any ideas?

	Cross platform Windows/Linux/Mac would be best, but.....

			- Benjamin