[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: [pygame] python + pygame on OSX

Keith Nemitz keithn at 2xtreme.net
Tue Feb 24 13:14:35 EST 2004

> In any case, it is an extremely bad idea to write to the application
> bundle, and that may have something to do with your trouble.  The
> appropriate place for writing files would most likely be
> "/Library/Application Support/YourApplication" or
> "~/Library/Application Support/YourApplication", unless they are plist
> preferences..

I think it would be an extremely good idea to allow an app to be able
to write to itself. Currently, my app is 100% cross platform, thanks to
the good people at py*. Now I'm going to have to sully my hands again
with religious doctrine and programmer machismo.

sigh,
Keith Nemitz  <-- sick of it all, after eight years of porting apps.