[Pythonmac-SIG] concurrent framework and nonframework builds?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 22:23:20 +0100

On donderdag, maa 20, 2003, at 18:22 Europe/Amsterdam, Russell E Owen
wrote:

> I'm wondering if it is practical to have two separate versions of
> Python with Tkinter (on MacOS X 10.2.x):
> - one that uses aqua Tk (hence a framework build), presumably run via
> pythonw
> - one that uses unix style Tk, presumably run via python
>
> I'd like to do this so I can test my application to see how it will
> look under unix.
>
> Do I just go ahead and plow through two full installations, one normal
> unix install and one framework install? (I'd rather ignore Apple's
> built in installation -- the version is too old and it's missing too
> much stuff).

I do this all the time, no problem at all. The only problem is that
both of them want to use /usr/local/bin/python (for a symlink for the
framework build and a real executable for the normal build). Copying
one to nonfw-python or some similar trick solves that.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -