[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: [wxPython-mac] Draft wxPackageManager Screenshot

Joel Bender jjb5 at cornell.edu
Thu Jul 31 19:27:24 EDT 2003

>I'm leaning towards little green/yellow/red gumdrops
>(installed/outdated/not installed) next to the package name...

I would ask for green : OK, yellow : outdated, red : dependency
broken, gray : not installed.

The idea is that if X1 was installed, then Y1 that depends on X1 was
installed, then X2 was installed.  Somehow there are known problems
between Y1 and X2 then Y1 would be red.

Perhaps there's also another indicator that Z1 cannot be installed in
the current configuration (running on Jaguar and it needs Panther),
gray gumdrop with a red circle and slash through it.

Joel