[Pythonmac-SIG] Installing PyObjC via PackMan

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick at usa.xerox.com
Thu Jul 31 14:55:55 EDT 2003

> This sounds like a good plan. I think we should have a "Packages"
> directory under /Applications/MacPython 2.3 where examples and
> documentation go.

Ack....

That could be ok, but only if *EVERYTHING* for that package goes in
that directory...

Including Documentation, and Examples...

> Each package gets a folder, and that's
> where to look for everything regarding that package. Maybe even put a
> symlink to the actual module there?

If the module is not in that directory, why call it packages?

Packages, to me as a Mac user, actually make me think of installing
a program...  Ala Packages & Apple Installer....

But never the less, if we are going to segregate the packages/modules
into a specific directory, I don't want to find down a single *.py...
It should be in the packages/modules directory...

If necessary, we should Symlink to it, but only if necessary...

Instead, I would suggest adding that directory to the python path...

		- Benjamin