[Pythonmac-SIG] Installing PyObjC via PackMan

Ronald Oussoren oussoren at cistron.nl
Thu Jul 31 08:39:39 EDT 2003

On Thursday, 31 July, 2003, at 02:04, Ryan Wilcox wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> First - Python 2.3 looks great! I read the release notes last night,
> and it
> looks Mighty Fine.
>
> I also wanted to take a look at PyObjC - and since it was an item in
> PacMan, I
> grabbed it. Grabbed both the library and the source
>
> 'Cept I don't know where it went. I'd like to try some of the
> examples... but I
> don't know where they are.
Possibly in /tmp, they are downloaded to /tmp and I don't know if
PacMan removes the downloaded files after installation.

The PyObjC examples/documentation are not installed using distutils,
and I assume this means they are not installed by PacMan. You could
download the PyObjC installer for Python 2.2, the .DMG also contains a
folder containing the Examples and Documentation. That should work just
fine with Python 2.3.