[Pythonmac-SIG] Packmanager (appleDevTools)

Israel C. Evans israel at sandlotgames.com
Tue Jul 29 13:17:13 EDT 2003

I'm using vanilla english mac os X, I haven't renamed /Developer and I
don't think I've done anything with the permissions.

<shellstuff>
cd /
ls -l
drwxrwxr-x  15 root     admin         510 Jul 14 09:59 Developer/
cd Developer
ls -l
drwxrwxr-x  26 root     admin         884 Jul 14 19:31 Tools/

</shellstuff>

The permissions look pretty lax so I don't think anything would have
any trouble reading stuff here.

And inside python, I'm doing this...
<python>
Last login: Tue Jul 29 10:31:17 on ttyp2
Welcome to Darwin!
[theOverneath:~] iz% python
Python 2.3c2+ (#12, Jul 25 2003, 12:58:00)
[GCC 3.1 20020420 (prerelease)] on darwin
 >>> import os
 >>> os.access
<built-in function access>
 >>> os.access("/Developer/Tools",0)
True

</python>

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 11:32  AM, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> On Tuesday, Jul 29, 2003, at 13:51 America/New_York, Israel C. Evans
> wrote:
>
>> I've been trying to install PyObjC through the package manager and at
>> the end I'm told that the AppleDevTools need to be installed >> manually.
>> Does this refer to the Apple Developer tools from the extra developer
>> tools cd that came with macOSX 10.2 or to something else?
>>
>> I have installed the the developer tools, but am I missing something
>> here?
>
> The test for Developer Tools is: if not os.access("/Developer/Tools",
> 0): raise NotInstalled
>
> Have you renamed or deleted something?  Are you using a non-english
> version of OS X that happens to call /Developer something else?  Did
> you screw with the permissions?  Did you somehow install it to
> somewhere other than the boot volume?
>
> -bob

~Israel~