[Pythonmac-SIG] Packmanager (appleDevTools)

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Tue Jul 29 22:46:28 EDT 2003

On dinsdag, jul 29, 2003, at 19:51 Europe/Amsterdam, Israel C. Evans
wrote:

> I've been trying to install PyObjC through the package manager and at
> the end I'm told that the AppleDevTools need to be installed manually.
> Does this refer to the Apple Developer tools from the extra developer
> tools cd that came with macOSX 10.2 or to something else?
>
> I have installed the the developer tools, but am I missing something
> here?

Most likely is that you've come across a bug that I forgot to fix: if
you set the "force"
flag on a source install you get a spurious message about having to
install the devtools
by hand. It's very silly, really: the force flag is recursive, so it
also tries to
force-install all dependent packages, hence also the devtools, hence
the error. The "force"
flag shouldn't be recursive but only apply to the package you're
actually asking to install.

If this isn't what's happening then we should debug it. Could you send
me the output of
"ls -ld /Developer/Tools"?
--
- Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen at oratrix.com>