[Pythonmac-SIG] ANN: aeve 0.0.1 - Pythonic Apple Event support

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Tue Jul 29 00:57:25 EDT 2003

Bob,
I had a fairly quick look at your stuff, and I'm flabbergasted! I'm
typing this with gaffer-tape around my head to stop it from exploding!!
I haven't installed anything yet (I don't want to fiddle with my
machine just before 2.3:-) but I can see lots of potential already.

How about us two (and maybe any other interested parties, but I can't
think of anyone except maybe Donovan) forming a task force, cleaning
this stuff up (there's still quite a bit of horrible gensuitemodule in
there, it seems:-), coming up with nifty additions (AppleScript->Python
conversion, at least of simple statements, should be doable!
Hyperlinked documentation based on your html-generation!) and getting
that into 2.4? Or actually, there's no reason we couldn't release it
earlier, as it doesn't have to break the old stuff (which would then
get a depracation warning in 2.4).