[Pythonmac-SIG] 2.3rc2-3 in Panther

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Fri Jul 25 14:15:20 EDT 2003

On Friday, Jul 25, 2003, at 12:58 America/New_York, Jan de Leeuw wrote:

> As far as I can see most of this works on Panther, except
> PackageManager,
> which looks for the darwin-7.0.0b1 plist on packman and cannot find it.

Technically, that means PackageManager is working.. it just means Jack
is too busy to make Panther packages for things.  :)  It is highly
likely that many of the binary packages for 10.2.6 will work just fine
on Panther as-is -- especially the source ones, which should almost
definitely work.  I have heard that the binary PyObjC does not work on
Panther, but I do know from experience that Wednesday's CVS snapshot of
PyObjC compiles and works as expected on Panther.

If I can find the time this weekend, I will see about making the
packages (at least binary ones) for Panther DP and posting them to
undefined.