[Pythonmac-SIG] For your eyes only: new 2.3rc1+ installer

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Wed Jul 23 13:46:59 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, Jul 23, 2003, at 10:58 Europe/Amsterdam, Jack Jansen
wrote:
> I've found the culprit (the binary inside Python.app has been renamed
> from "python" to "Python" to adhere to Apple's guidelines), I'm fixing
> and testing it right now, I'll do a new rc1+ installer later today.

A new installer is available as
<http://ftp.cwi.nl/jack/python/mac/newer/MacPython-OSX-2.3rc1plus-
8.dmg>. It has the pythonw bug fixed, and in addition I've taken out
the "root disk only" option, replacing it with a warning in the README
that you should only install on your active system disk. The
root-disk-only option was causing too many problems.

There's still the problem (also noted here) that the welcome message
doesn't have a scrollbar. I have no idea how to fix this, so comments
are welcome. And if someone still has any ideas on how to fix the
root-disk-only option: the old -6 installer is still available to play
with, let me know about any bright ideas.
Goldman