[Pythonmac-SIG] For your eyes only: 2.3rc1+ installer

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Wed Jul 23 11:58:25 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, Jul 23, 2003, at 03:21 Europe/Amsterdam, Willard Myers
wrote:

> Another FWIW: I suspect 'issues' with pythonw in 2.3rc1. The standard
> examples in the PyQt 3.7 distribution act like they are being run with
> python (the window appears, but is inactive).

You're right: scripts run with pythonw are not in the foreground.
Thanks for spotting this!!!!!!

I've found the culprit (the binary inside Python.app has been renamed
from "python" to "Python" to adhere to Apple's guidelines), I'm fixing
and testing it right now, I'll do a new rc1+ installer later today.

And a plea to everybody here: if *anything* strikes you as even
slightly odd at this point, please don't hesitate but report it
immediately, and preferably to the SIG mailing list too. A silly little
bug like this could make us look really really stupid if it ends up in
Panther.
Goldman