[Pythonmac-SIG] MP Task Threads and Embedded Python

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 11:46:37 +0200

On Monday, Apr 7, 2003, at 06:53 Europe/Amsterdam, Bill Orcutt wrote:

> Hi-
>
> I'm writing an C application for OS 9 and I need/want to call some
> python
> code from inside of an MP Task.

I don't think so, but I'm not sure. Alexandre, do you know this?

The problem is that MacPython uses GUSI for I/O, and GUSI emulates
Posix threads on top of the Thread Manager. As far as I remember the
Thread Manager and MP threads are mutually incompatible.

You could try building (from source) a non-GUSI, non-threading
MacPython,
but this is probably a lot of work.
Goldman