[Pythonmac-SIG] Using fink 2.2's site-packages in MacPython

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Thu, 03 Apr 2003 14:32:38 +0100

"Lance Boyle" <lanceboyle@myrealbox.com> writes:

> I have Python 2.2.2 working as both the "Apple" installation and the
> fink installation. Included in these are packages Numeric, Scientific,
> and scipy.
>
> Now, I want to get happy using MacPython 2.2.2. I want to make the
> fink site-packages directory work with MacPython, so I use
> EditPythonPrefs and add a few lines to the list of search paths
> (/sw/lib/bla_bla_bla--see below).
>
> I'm not happy. Here's why:

At a first guess, MacPython requires a different format of dynamic
shared object (some kind of CFM nonsense, I presume :-) to that used
by the Unix-y python you get when you type "python" in the terminal.

So you need to find (or make) MacPython builds of any C extensions you
want to use.

Just a guess, mind.

Cheers,
M.

--
  Java is a WORA language! (Write Once, Run Away)
                	-- James Vandenberg (on progstone@egroups.com)