[Pythonmac-SIG] Jaguar Macho Build woes

Russell E Owen owen@astro.washington.edu
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:08:58 -0600

Stephen R. Figgins <fig@monitor.net> wrote:
>I am following Tony Lownds instructions for Macho Python + Tkinter and
>compiling on Jaguar...I am missing some shared object files.  Most
>importantly, _socket.

I'm seeing the same thing. I did the standard unix build (after
installing ReadLines 4.2 and Tcl/Tk 8.something (3 or 4, I don't
recall which at the moment). It all seemed to build OK, though I may
have missed some error messages. The result seems just fine except no
_socket. I have no idea how to fix it. I spent days just getting that
that point. It's painful, since I am developing a Python networked
GUI. Barring a solution, I'm planning to wait for fink to be updated
to 10.2 or for Python 2.3.

-- Russell