[Pythonmac-SIG] buildpkg.py

Dan Grassi Dan@Grassi.org
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 23:04:14 -0400

On Friday, September 6, 2002, at 06:30  PM, Jack Jansen wrote:

> Thanks go to Dinu Gherman for his buildpkg script (which is now
> included in Mac/scripts).

The buildpkg.py is great and I plan to start using it immediately.

There are a couple of things missing from buildpkg.py.

There is an option "rootVolumeOnly" that can be YES or NO.  This
suppresses selection of non-root volumes and is real handy, currently I
am installing a driver and it must go on the root volume.  It is not
documented but used by Apple extensively.

There is a script "InstallationCheck" that if present is run as soon as
the Installer starts.  This is documented somewhere.

I have found that it helps to clean-up the file tree and resources
directory by removing .DS_Store files nad CVS directories.  I use these
  shell commands:

find . -name ".DS_Store" -exec rm -f  {} \;
find . -name "CVS" -exec rm -rf  {} \;

Dan