[Pythonmac-SIG] What is the future of Python on OSX?

Chris Barker Chris.Barker@noaa.gov
Mon, 09 Sep 2002 10:37:06 -0700

Jack Jansen wrote:

> But: I think we can do something that is almost as good, if we
> create a simple way by which an end user can install add-on
> packages for Python.

Some one should take a look at Ciphon:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pythonsiphon

And check out the Catalog SIG:

http://www.python.org/sigs/catalog-sig/

It hasn't seem much activity lately but there have been some good
discussions in the past While it is reasonable to make a Mac only
version 0.9, it seems a bit silly to ignore other platforms and other
efforts all together when designing the system.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov