[Pythonmac-SIG] I think I'm in buzzword hell...

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 23:24:51 +0200

On maandag, oktober 21, 2002, at 01:51 , Michael Hudson wrote:

> Jacob Kaplan-Moss <jacobkm@cats.ucsc.edu> writes:
>
>> MachoPython: [...]  This version of Python runs only on MacOS
>> X, and does not include the nifty Mac-only stuff that MacPython does.
>
> I don't think the second half of this sentence is true, is it?  I know
> I've written resource editing stuff and run it with the mach-o python
> I built myself...

You're right, I missed the "not" in that sentence.

Or to be precise, MachoPython 2.2.X has 90% of the goodies, but
unfortunately misses one or two that are needed to run the IDE,
and iirc the IDE itself has a few problems too. MachoPython
2.3a0 is almost feature-complete (BuildApplication is the only
missing piece, I think).
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -