[Pythonmac-SIG] New Python IDE for OS X

SNYDER, BARRON F (AIT) bs1535@sbc.com
Fri, 10 May 2002 17:52:54 -0400

You may be correct in the strict sense of "OS X application" but this is the
first vendor I've seen that says they will support OS X. With the others,
it's "if you can get it to work on OS X, great, but we won't support it".

-Barron

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Ippolito
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 3:39 PM
To: SNYDER, BARRON F (AIT)
Cc: pythonmac-sig@python.org
Subject: Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] New Python IDE for OS X

Any Python IDE that works under X11, so long as it's endian safe, is
going to work perfectly fine under OS X if you make XDarwin a
requirement.  What's the point?  It's not going to look or feel quite
like an OS X application, it shouldn't really be called an OS X
application with a disclaimer that it requires an X11 subsystem to make
it tick.