[Pythonmac-SIG] Extensions for static versus frame

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 23:21:23 +0200

On donderdag, juli 18, 2002, at 11:08 , Bob Ippolito wrote:

> Try your luck with this...  Undocumented calls, but I'm 99%
> sure it will work.  I'm pretty sure CPS gets linked in with
> Carbon, definitely does with Cocoa..

Ah, CPS again:-)

I don't want to do this, because the interface is undocumented.
CPS would also have allowed us to do other nifty things, like
connecting to the window server without being in a .app
framework,  but I think relying on undocumented calls is simply
too dangerous.

At some point in the future there's a good chance Apple will
take the interface away, and suddenly Python stops working. And
it will really stop working: you'll get an undefined external
when you try to start the interpreter.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -