[Pythonmac-SIG] PyOpenGL on OS-X ???

David Wesley David.Wesley@noaa.gov
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 11:35:37 -0800

Hi all,

Have any of you gotten PyOpenGL to work on OS-X? I've dowloaded the
package, and am trying to compile it with distutils (setup.py), and
have gotten farther along, but no success yet.

The mac.cfg file looked like it was for OS < 10, so I created a
darwin.cfg file that currently looks like this so far:

[General]
build_togl=0
gl_platform=AGL
include_dirs=/usr/include:/usr/local/include:/usr/include/sys
library_dirs=/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib

; a sys.pathsep separated list of the libs needed when linking GL
[GL]
libs=gl

; a sys.pathsep separated list of the libs needed when linking GLU
; the GL libraries are included automatically
[GLU]
libs=glu

; a sys.pathsep separated list of the libs needed when linking GLUT
; the GL and GLU libraries are included automatically
[GLUT]
libs=glut

The other change I made was putting in a symlink from:
/usr/local/include/GL
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Headers/

because the source include files like this:
#include GL/gl.h

and gl.h and friends live in that Framework directory.

I also got an error when it couldn't find malloc.h, so I added:
/usr/include/sys
to the include_dirs (see above)

Now it can find malLoc.h, but I'm getting parse errors in that file,
Which seems very odd.

any help would be great,

dave