[Pythonmac-SIG] Passing Data: from AppleScript to argv(command line parameters)

Dethe Elza delza@alliances.org
Fri, 25 May 2001 10:04:31 -0700

Oh, come on now.  We're all inundated with advertising every waking moment
of the day -- I'm told it's even worse if you turn on a television.  There
is something wrong with advertising, it's too pervasive, too powerful a
force in our society, and has too few restrictions (thus letting cola,
cigarette and other drug manufacturers peddle their wares to children for
instance).  A lot of people have a lot of hostility towards advertising and
advertisers -- that's just reality.  You can work to change the reality by
reforming your industry, and more power to you, but denying that the
industry's execesses doesn't cut it.

I do blame the advertisers, for quite a lot of things, because I've done my
research.  Of course, that's an overgeneralization and not all advertisers
are guilty of overstepping the various bounds (ethical, legal, aesthetic,
etc.).  Of course not, but we humans make generalizations, it's how our
brains work.  An advertiser should know that, since the advertising industry
hires more psychologists than any other industry to try to figure out how
human brains work to make advertising "work" better (when a cult does it
it's called "brainwashing").

Personally, I thought you had a good question and a thoughtful response.
But you're going to end up in a lot of spam buckets with that address.  And,
in my humble opinion, quite rightly so.

--

Dethe Elza
Chief Mad Scientist