[Pythonmac-SIG] Passing Data: from AppleScript to argv(command line parameters)

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Fri, 25 May 2001 09:07:31 +0200

Lane,

> ps
> Stop the discrimination against and stereotyping of Advertisers!
> Many of us decry the inappropriate and intrusive methods of
> the new "internet economy." We dislike unsolicited eMail/Spam as much as
> you do.

It's not that there's anything against advertizing per se, or anyone working in
advertizing, but if you receive a lot of email, you also receive a lot of spam,
and you train yourself (possibly unconsciously) to recognize spam. I absolutely
agree with Jack that your sender name "Advertizing" triggers the
"delete-spam-reflex". So this is not against you or advertizing, but a mild
advise to change your "Sender's name" (or whatever it's called in your email
program) to something more descriptive, eg. your name.

Just