[Pythonmac-SIG] Passing Data: from AppleScript to argv(command line parameters)

Advertising adv.files@robbstucky.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 14:09:10 -0400

I'm looking for a simple way for a novice programmer to pass data from
AppleScripts.

In AppleScript
    create a {list}
    tell a macPythonApp to:
        launch and
        take the {list} as the argv parameters.

I want my AppleScript to send
    tell application "myPythonScriptApp" run/launch/activate/open with
{list}
and have myPythonScriptApp launch and retrieve the {list} from argv

I've scanned the list archives and am wholly confused.
(CGI, HTTP, miniApplication, OSAmodules, macPython vs unixPython,
AppleEvents)
Do I have to become an expert with all this stuff
before I can do something that seems so simple?

Thanks,
Lane

I figured out a "dumb" workaround, which for me creates too much
ancilliary tracking.

Applescript writes {list} to a file
macPythonApp reads {list} from file

But since, I can't pass {list} to macPython, I can't pass "file to use"
either.