[Pythonmac-SIG] Can't get IDE to work for Python 2.1

christer fernstrom fernstrom@geocities.com
Mon, 07 May 2001 23:13:25 +0100

I have recently installed Python 2.1 on my Mac running OS 8.5.1 (French),
full installation,
and, yes, I did put copies of the PythonCores in the extension folder
instead of aliases
(since I installed on a non-system disk). I also configured
using ConfigurePythonClassic. The interpreter works, and test.autotest works
rather fine
(some minor failures :-/). However when I try to run Python IDE I get the
following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Lucas:Python 2.1: Mac:Tools:IDE:PythonIDE.py", line 41, in ?
    import PythonIDEMain
  File "Lucas:Python 2.1: Mac:Tools:IDE:PythonIDEMain.py", line 41, in ?
    import Splash
  File "Lucas:Python 2.1: Mac:Tools:IDE:Splash.py", line 7, in ?
    import Qd, TE, Fm, sys
ImportError: InterfaceLib--IsAntiAliasedTextEnabled: A fragment had "hard"
unresolved imports.

Any hints?

 christer