[Pythonmac-SIG] Setting paths (or: getting a script to run on startup with the IDE)

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Thu, 09 Aug 2001 22:22:57 +0200

> > So, my question is two-fold:
> >
> >      #1: Can I set search paths through the IDE? I see 'Scripts Folder'
> >      location settings, but I don't think these are search paths...

I'm not sure that I correctly understand your question, especially
after Just's answer. If you just want to change sys.path you can use
the EditPythonPrefs applet (from outside the IDE) which sets the
system-wide default for sys.path. If you want to do something more
compilcated Just's answer may be the correct solution.

But something completely different: it would be nice if IDE
incorporated the EditPythonPrefs functionality, it's a bit un-mac-like
to use a separate program to set prefs.

And something even more completely different: about 4 years ago I
asked whether anyone would be willing to change the EditPythonPrefs
UI, which is truly horrible (the first Mac UI I ever created:-). I
even made the split between the UI and the actual prefs handling for
that. The request still stands...