[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Per user dirs on Non-Unix platforms (was Re: [Python-Dev] Where to install non-code files)

Bob Savage savageb@pacbell.net
Tue, 30 May 2000 15:11:08 -0700

on 5/30/00 2:13 PM, James Durchenwald wrote:

> It was I that actually said that. When logging out you get a VERY
> noticeable delay that I had attributed to the OS copying files.
> (There is also disk activity at logout time.) That was why I figured
> they had done something skanky like actually copying the files. I
> could most definitely been wrong. I could test this tonight when I
> get home to my Multiuser system if anyone cares.

James, I would like to hear what you find out. I noticed that my system
behaves fine for a while, but when my wife logs out something goes haywire;
I end up with her desktop prefs and the apple menu shows her "favorites"
folder instead of mine (although Nav services using apps -- such as Outlook
-- have access to my "favorites" because I can still use it from the save
and open dialog boxes).

If it is a bother, don't trouble yourself on my account.

best,

Bob