[Pythonmac-SIG] Anyone running JPython/awt/swing successfully?

Jim Harrison jhrsn@pop.pitt.edu
Fri, 19 May 2000 23:13:02 -0400

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who is successfully running JPython
with awt and swing on the Mac. I have the interactive interpreter running OK
and I can run simple non-GUI scripts by following the instructions on Jack's
page. However, when I try to run any of the awt or swing demos, I get errors
such as "TypeError: can't set arbitrary attribute in java instance:..." for
awt demos or ImportErrors in the swing demos complaining that swing is not
defined.

Is anyone able to give me some hints on how to set up my libraries correctly
or otherwise address these problems? I have a standard installation of MRJ
2.2 running on System 8.6 on a Powerbook G3.

Jim Harrison
University of Pittsburgh