[Pythonmac-SIG] RE: Macintosh TCL/Tk rooted Python GUIs

Kelvin Chu kelvin.chu@uvm.edu
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 06:37:38 -0500

> Have you tried to run the test suite, that comes with Pmw 0.8.3?
> It is simple to start:  Run
> 	Pmw:Pmw_0_8_3:tests:All.py
> If this works for you, it would be nice to hear, what magic spells you
> applied to your Mac ...err... what specific configuration you have:
> What MacOS version did you use?
> Did you use the Tcl/Tk binary libs from Scriptics instead of those coming
> integrated with binary installer by Jack jansen and if so, which particular
> version?
> Have you tried to use the Python Imaging Library (PIL)?
> (try to import Image and ImageTk)?

350MHz Imac, running OS9.0, I used the latest distribution of MacPython and
got the Tk/TCL stuff from Scriptics.  I haven't tried the image library,
sorry.  The tests (All.py) work just fine.

Since my last posting, I have also gotten it working on my laptop, a 233
MHz PBG3 8.1.

Now all I need is to get a set of nonlinear fitting routines running,
which means understanding MPW.  Do people have favorites for plotting
packages for the Mac?  I have the Python/Gnuplot interface running, but it
would just absolutely rock if we had access to DISLIN or the ezplot
routines from Numerical python?

Cheers,

-k

--