[Pythonmac-SIG] RE: Macintosh TCL/Tk rooted Python GUIs.

Peter Funk pf@artcom-gmbh.de
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 07:46:02 +0200 (MEST)

Hi!

Kelvin Chu:
> I promised that I would summarize and do so now.  Tk/TCL from scriptics
> works just fine on the Mac, and PMW runs well on top of it.  I initially had
> some problems because Stuffit Expander wasn't Mac-ifying the carriage returns
> from the Unix source code (I dont remember resetting this), but the PMW
> demos work, and my GUI code works, too.
>
> Life isn't so bad after all, I think.

That are really exciting good news!

Have you tried to run the test suite, that comes with Pmw 0.8.3?
It is simple to start:  Run
	Pmw:Pmw_0_8_3:tests:All.py
If this works for you, it would be nice to hear, what magic spells you
applied to your Mac ...err... what specific configuration you have:
What MacOS version did you use?
Did you use the Tcl/Tk binary libs from Scriptics instead of those coming
integrated with binary installer by Jack jansen and if so, which particular
version?
Have you tried to use the Python Imaging Library (PIL)?
(try to import Image and ImageTk)?

Regards and thanks in advance, Peter
--
Peter Funk, Oldenburger Str.86, D-27777 Ganderkesee, Germany, Fax:+49 4222950260
office: +49 421 20419-0 (ArtCom GmbH, Grazer Str.8, D-28359 Bremen)