[Pythonmac-SIG] Is an applet depandant on a single path?

Craig Hagerman craig@osa.att.ne.jp
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 00:40:02 +0900

Hi,

I am wondering if the applet created by dropping a script on the
BuildApplet icon is dependant on the path as set on my machine, or can it
be used as is on another Mac that has Python installed in a different place.

I have written a small program for another person and am wondering if it is
OK to send just an applet  or if there will be a problem resulting from the
path on my machine being different from his. (He has installed Python but
not done anything with it, and doesn't know a thing about it.) I know that
I could give him instructions on how to create his own applet but I am just
curious about whether exchanging applets would cause a problem or not.

Craig Hagerman