[Pythonmac-SIG] Tkinter known problems? (was: Learning Python example)

Thomas Lane tom@parlant.com
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 08:25:47 -0700

Is there a list somewhere with the current problems w/ Tkinter on the Mac? I'm
working on an application that is supposed to run on a cross-platform
application, and I'd just like to know what to watch out for.

Since I'm asking for the known problems, I might as well throw in the first one
I've found:

The BuildApplication utility will fail if your program has a line of code that
imports a module that doesn't exist for Mac even if execution can never reach
that point on the Mac (ie. 'if os.name == "posix": import os.path'). The
solution is to use the exec statement (ie. 'if os.name == "posix": exec("import
os.path")'). It's a kludge, but it works.