[Pythonmac-SIG] MacOS X probably no shipping Python

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 00:44:30 -0500

Just van Rossum [just@letterror.com] wrote:
> Thanks for your report!
>
> At 3:31 PM -0800 10-03-2000, Bob Savage wrote:
> >I probably seem like I'm making too much of some very brief remarks, but can
> >you imagine how cool it would be to have python come pre-installed in every
> >Mac? <drool>
>
> That's right! ;-)
>
> Just today I was pointed towards an interesting review of MacOSX DP3:
>     http://www.arstechnica.com/reviews/1q00/macos-x-dp3/macos-x-dp3-1.html
>
> (No Python relevance, still an interesting -- though long -- read)

We (Digital Creatons) are an Apple Developer, so we've got DP3 already,
and I'm hoping to get it installed on my Powerbook this week.  After that
I'll be able to talk more about it.  I know Jeffrey Shell who works there
as well got it up and running with a regular UNIX install of Python.

Chris