[Pythonmac-SIG] Problems using TKinter and with Python 1.5.2c

Craig Hagerman craig@osa.att.ne.jp
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 19:01:29 +0900

>I keep getting the following message from Python, when I attempt to use
>any of the demo TK scripts:
>
>Traceback (innermost last):
>  File "harddrive:Python
>1.5.2c1:Demo:tkinter:matt:animation-w-velocity-ctrl.py", line 1, in ?
>    from Tkinter import *
>  File "harddrive:Python 1.5.2c1:Lib:lib-tk:Tkinter.py", line 8, in ?
>    import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for
>Tk
>ImportError: No module named _tkinter

Hi,

I had the same problem at first. I think that there is a small problem with
Python's paths not recognising where Tkinter is by default. Open up the lib
folder and drag the tkinter module from the lib-tk (was that where it was?)
to the general lib folder. A few other modules required such moves to get
them to work as well.

Craig Hagerman